Happy holidays! Did you know that today is also Migrant’s Day? Around the world, December 18 is recognized as Migrants Day, celebrating people who take up residence outside their country of birth and become part of the fabric and community of new nations in which they reside. It is well known that diversity creates strong communities, and although it’s on a smaller scale, we see this on a regular basis at GenoLogics. Much like migrants contribute new traditions and perspectives that create a richer and stronger milieu, our diverse customers and partners enter our world and contribute to a strong and rich community, impacting who we are and what we produce.
So it is with this spirit—of diversity and community–that we want to reflect on the past year:
- We gained many additional customers, adding to our diversity. From innovative startups, such as Baby Genes, to family-owned agricultural labs, Beck’s Hybrids, and large clinical labs, we continue to be amazed at our customers and the innovative ways they are using BaseSpace Clarity LIMS. Every customer provides powerful insights into how we must develop our solutions so that their business and scientific goals can be met.
- We launched our user group meeting series, Gaining Clarity. This year, we held meetings in Prague, Czech Republic and San Diego, USA. Customers and friends of GenoLogics shared feedback about our solutions, collaborated with one another, and described how they tackle some of their biggest challenges. Our first two user group meetings provided feedback that we are now working to integrate into future versions of the system.
- We announced an agreement with Illumina in which Illumina selected GenoLogics as the preferred LIMS provider to support HiSeq X™ Ten customers. This partnership will enable the entire sequencing community to more readily sequence human genomes to contribute to strides in human health. Illumina will use BaseSpace Clarity LIMS for processing samples as part of the groundbreaking Genomics England project.
- We released two new versions of BaseSpace Clarity LIMS. Version 3.1 included enhanced features for our customers who operate in a regulatory environment. E Signatures, audit trails, and configurable permissions were all included in this release. Version 3.3, which will be available in the next week, includes adjustments to make BaseSpace Clarity LIMS even more scalable.
- We implemented BaseSpace Clarity in numerous labs this year. Because our process has become so streamlined and we have a team of people dedicated solely to implementation, we were able to significantly lessen our implementation time. One of our customers was up and running in less than two weeks!
- We ended our year on a high note by receiving the independently researched Frost & Sullivan Customer Service Leadership award for providing a product and a service with exceptional value that positively impacts our customer’s business. We loved receiving this award, but fully recognize that it’s our customers who have made the most contributions!
In the New Year, we resolve to continue doing what we are doing, do it better, and as usual, do it with input from our customers. So Happy Holidays, Happy Migrant’s Day, and thank you for contributing to the GenoLogics fabric!