A LIMS that protects patient data and eases the IT burden?
Regulations such as CLIA, 21 CFR Part 11, and HIPAA demand that laboratories maintain strict security standards on electronic systems when it comes to patient data. Traditionally, these security demands place a heavy IT burden on labs. However, with BaseSpace Clarity LIMS, systems and data are secure from day one without the need for internal resources or high administration cost of other systems.
To keep laboratory and patient data secure and IT burden down, BaseSpace Clarity LIMS Silver provides the following security features:
- Cloud-based implementation option, which prevents breaches due to hardware theft
- Automatic backups for each of the previous 24 hours, one for each day of the last month, and one for each month of the year
- Residence in high-security data centers, guarded by professional staff, video surveillance, and two-factor authentication
- Automatic scanning of all new files for viruses
- Alerts for potential security threats
- Encrypted data transfer
- Configurable role-based access within the user interface to prevent error, data loss, or tampering
In addition, BaseSpace Clarity LIMS Gold customers receive:
- A private cloud within a high-security data center
- Additional IP-level security for instrument integrations that limit access to organization offices/labs
- Encryption for all data at rest
- Available integration with Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) security systems