Implementing complex software solutions across an organization can be fraught with challenges, and laboratory information management systems (LIMS) are no exception. Even when an implementation goes smoothly, your LIMS investment is in jeopardy until it is fully adopted in your organization.
To mitigate the challenges associated with LIMS implementation and to ensure that it is fully adopted in your organization, GenoLogics enlists certified and experienced customer success managers (CSMs). Although you will work with a variety of GenoLogics team members, CSMs are your single point of contact to ensure you are satisfied with your implementation, training, and ongoing experience using BaseSpace Clarity LIMS.
CSMs ensure that your implementation and post-implementation of BaseSpace Clarity LIMS is successful by:
- Placing an emphasis on successful implementation and adoption so that your LIMS investment is fully realized
- Coordinating resolution of your problems with Customer Support
- Being your champion and advocate
- Identifying how you can get maximum value and utility from your BaseSpace Clarity LIMS implementation
Our experience implementing LIMS allows us to identify five critical stages that contribute to the success of your BaseSpace Clarity LIMS implementation. These include:
- Planning. We set up a meeting to define roles, discuss scope, and plan IT resources.
- Deployment. We install BaseSpace Clarity LIMS and any integrations and thoroughly test them in your environment.
- Training. We prepare you for training, conduct the training, review what you learned, and hold post-training meetings as necessary so that your system is properly configured and usable.
- Transition to support. We review the implementation process and go over how to get support for day-to-day issues.
- Consultation. If necessary, we can consult with you to extend BaseSpace Clarity LIMS even further. BaseSpace Clarity LIMS is highly configurable, but it is also customizeable via our application programming interface (API). In this stage, we can assign our Technical Application Specialists (TAS) to consult with you on using the API to extend BaseSpace Clarity LIMS to other areas of your lab, such as with an electronic medical record (EMR) or biorepository system.
Post Implementation and Adoption
After BaseSpace Clarity LIMS has been installed, you will continue to work with your CSM. They will work with you to:
- Help you maximize your use of BaseSpace Clarity LIMS
- Renew your yearly contract
- Identify and acquire add-ons, such as additional integration packages
- Monitor the health of your implementation via regularly-scheduled check-in meetings
- Help you upgrade your system (if switching from Silver to Gold or X editions)